Last week our Project Engineer, Project Managers and John traveled to Las Vegas to attend the 75th Annual International Builder’s Show. This is what our Project Engineer, Anna, had to say of her adventures.
“I had the honor of attending the NAHB International Builders’ Show for the second year in a row. Last year I attended through the Young Professionals Scholarship Program, and had a wonderful time networking with other young professionals in building under the age of 35. I was lucky to be able to attend again this year, and was amazed at how much attendance had grown! The show reported the highest attendance in 10 years.
My favorite things from this year’s NAHB Builders’ Show were:
1. The classes- From presentations by Business Gurus to Discussions by successful builders, the classes are invaluable.
2. The show floor- There are hundreds, if not thousands of vendors on the show floor. All the latest and greatest in technology, interior products, software, exterior products, etc. It is all there to check out.
3. Networking- We met new builders who were just starting out and needed some advice. This really pulled at my heartstrings, because I knew what it was like to be a new Project Manager in residential construction. The fact that builders and PMs were coming up asking me for direction really validated the all the time we spend putting internal processes together.
4. Technology- The NAHB put together an entire app just for the show. This helped me stay on top of class times, events, and provided me with maps for where I needed to be. They also upload class notes after a presentation is given in a class. No need to carry around paper and pencil. It was all in the app.
5. Last but not least, watching John in a discussion panel as part of an education series. The man is so upfront and honest. I love that he can speak to a room and everyone in there is nodding their head in agreement with a point he is making, or giggling at an experience he shared. I’m lucky enough to know him on a personal level, but seeing him on stage answering questions and talking about his experiences, I just sit there and smile that I get to be a part of his team.”