Now that Daylight Savings is coming to an end and our clocks are about to change, its a good cue to make a few adjustments around the house to prepare for the cooler months ahead.
1. Close crawl space or any other vents that may have been opened during warmer weather.
2. Check weather stripping on your doors to prevent any drafts.
3. Disconnect hoses from outside faucets to prevent water freezing.
4. As the leaves finish falling, clean your gutters and downspouts to prevent future clogs.
5. Change your HVAC filter and have the unit serviced.