Our home office resides in a humble, devoted military town. Given that so many of our clients and employees are linked to Fort Campbell here in Clarksville, TN, we felt called to wish the United States Army a Happy 243rd Birthday!!
The Congress of the United States established the First Continental Army on this day back in 1775. This army was created to organize trained soldiers to help combat the British. From its humble beginnings as an amateur force of colonial troops, cobbled together from various militia, to its status today as the largest branch in the U.S. military, the Army has seen it all, from the Revolutionary War to conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is the perfect time for soldiers, veterans and their families to reflect on their honorable history. Cheers to all of you and enjoy your cake cutting ceremonies today!
Fun facts about the United States Army:
- Twenty-four U.S Presidents served in the United States Army.
- If the US Army were a city, it would be the 10th largest in the United States.
- The U.S Army is older than the United States
- Over the past 10 years, Green Berets have been deployed in over 135 countries worldwide
- The U.S Army is the second largest employer in the U.S.
- June 14th serves as another “patriotic birthday” – The American flag was adopted one year after the creation of the Army; June 14th, 1776.